The Government Internal Auditors Council of Canada (GIACC) is a pan-Canadian public sector internal audit thought-leader, sharing knowledge in best and leading practices.
Our vision is to be a knowledge leader in internal audit, driving Canadian public sector excellence by supporting informed decision-making and performance improvement. GIACC members exchange information to support improvement in internal audit research, methodology, practices, and professional development for the internal audit profession.
- Advance the internal audit profession (e.g., research, methodology, practices)
- Promote the value of internal audit
- Engage stakeholders (e.g., audit committees, deputy ministers)
- Develop tools for communicating and information sharing between jurisdictions
- Exchange information to leverage new technologies affecting internal audit
- Enable the recruitment, development and retention of professional and multi-disciplinary teams of internal auditors
- Develop tools to promote effective reporting and stakeholder relations
- Build partnerships with national and international professional associations
- Comment on professional standards
Meet the members
Membership includes Chief Audit Executive or equivalent representation for each of the federal, provincial and territorial jurisdictions.
The Federal and Quebec jurisdictions have two designated members due to their size and the complexity of their structure.